Teresa Lopez, CEO, Founder
Teresa Lopez has executed leading-edge financial and mortgage product development, market growth strategies and economic solutions for the high-performance built environment space during her 25 year career in the financial industry. The patented financial mechanisms, loan products and valuation methods she has developed have met the evolving demand for “green” mortgage financing in communities across the country.
Ms. Lopez’ expertise in innovative financing for green construction projects affords developers, builders, realtors and their customers innovative, cost efficient and favorable funding terms. Teresa is a recognized authority in the sustainable financing arena and built environment and has successfully funded numerous financial transactions for energy-efficient, high-performance projects during her career.
Teresa is a certified LEED Associate and a licensed national mortgage banker; she has been awarded two US Patents (four iterative patents pending) for green valuation, mortgage and financial instruments. She has developed national training curriculums for the real estate, finance and appraisal industry. Ms. Lopez serves as a Subject Matter Expert for the Appraisal Foundation and consults with Green Initiative Government Sponsored Enterprise (GSE) leaders. She is a published author and promotes a green building, finance national blog.
Her experience includes:
- Developing economic, quantified methods for property valuations for high-performance new construction, property resale, and deep retrofits for existing properties
- Providing guidance with loan structure and obtaining favorable financial negotiations for green developments, builders, contractors and real estate investor-owners for new construction projects with qualified mortgage companies
- Providing development strategies for launching green initiative lending programs – incentivized financing for built environments
- Initiating Pilot Programs, (including the Fannie Mae Energy Efficient Loan program Pilot in 2004), for greening up existing neighborhoods and new high-performance development projects
- Implementing national and regional training and educational programs for builders, developers, appraisers, mortgage lenders and sales teams, advancing marketing campaigns for driving high-performance project developments in US markets
Charles Cooke, Chief Strategy Officer
Mr. Cooke has specialized in energy, utility and financial policies and clean energy initiatives for over 30 years. He has engaged in high-level development programs at the Department of Energy (DOE) and its National Laboratories. Charlie was the lead staff person in developing and defending Science Committee provisions in H.R. 6, “Energy Policy Act of 2005”. He served as Special Assistant and advisor on utility restructuring and energy issues; Legislative Assistant, advisor on telecommunications, energy, tax, environmental, securities and other issues.
Mr. Cooke, managed legislation before the Energy and Commerce Committee’s Subcommittees on Telecommunications, Finance, Energy and Power. He was a key participant in negotiations on reauthorization of Superfund (CERCLA) and Clean Air Act.
Charlie serves Green Energy Money, Inc. by providing government relations specializing in solving Federal policy and regulatory problems, business strategy development, and legislative support. He represented one of the largest electric utilities before Congress and the federal agencies in developed strategies to communicate the federal policy implications of utility restructuring in California to Congress, Federal regulators and policymakers. He has represented clients with interests in mortgage banking, real estate development, oil and gas production, telecommunications on tax and other issues.
He has served as advisor to:
- Texas Senate, Office of the Secretary
- Texas Governor’s Office, Planning Division
- Texas Senate, Secretary of the Senate’s Office
- S. House of Representatives